Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jumping on the Bandwagon.

Hello blogging world...

Yes it is true. I have jumped on the proverbial 'blogging' bandwagon. Here I will share little tid-bits about my life, my journey, and things I believe God has placed on my heart, which all lead up to my ultimate goal to 'live out love.'

If your thinking to yourself 'what is she talking about???' ...I'll try and explain:

At a youth convention I once heard an amazing and inspiring musician talk about 'love' during a worship set. She pointed us to the scripture that said that "God is love" and went on to discuss how "we ought to love others because He first loved us." I had read those two verses before...but I had read them on the surface..as mere words on a page, not fully understanding the depth and complexity of them. When she spoke on those verses, they came alive to me. Something stirred within me and I suddenly realized how important it was for me to share 'love'. Through simple actions, giving someone a smile, deep heart-to-heart talks, leading worship, doing chores at home...whatever it was...I was to share love, because God is love. It is as simple as that. Sharing with others the love that I have experienced allows me the opportunity to share God.

...And that is now my goal, everyday I try my best to share God by living out love. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment